Saturday, February 21, 2009

Weekend of Excitement

Last weekend, my parents visited from LA and brought my 5 yr old nephew Ethan with them. What FUN! Sarah had a blast. We celebrated Sarah's birthday AGAIN :) The kids helped me make ANOTHER cookie cake.

Since my dad's favorite place to eat when he comes to visit is the Golden Corral, they took Sarah there for her birthday dinner....and the waiters even sang to her. She said, "How did they know my name?"
The kids had a great time playing outside (after the rain) on the swing set and riding bikes.

Saturday night, Lee and I thought that since we would enjoy seeing the Bodies exhibit, so would everyone else....right?

WRONG! Note to self, do NOT bring children to this again. We had purchased our tickets ahead of time online and still had to stand in line over an hour and a half. And everyone thought it was boring, except Lee and myself!! Well, I take that back...Sarah showed some interest...maybe there's hope for another science lover in our family!!! Ethan kept saying, "I am ready to go!" Over and over, I might add. My parents had the same look on their faces but polite enough not to say it!!! :) And Ben was cheerful as ever, just laughing and talking to everyone in line. NIGHTMARE

1 comment:

Jason~Alison~Everest said...

We saw the Bodies exhibit last year (while visiting some friends in Kansas). I very much enjoyed it and would go see it all over again. It was WELL worth the $$$.