Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ben's Nursery....Finally!

Since Dad was using the other bedroom as his study and he was taking his boards in June, we had decided not to set up the nursery until after boards...Ben would have been 3 months old. Well, Lee did well on both sets of boards in JUNE and it is now SEPTEMBER!! So we finally moved Dad out of his office and in to the loft. We have been working on Ben's room a little at a time. And you can see that we are still working on it!! The walls were already a maroon color and I did not want to paint!!! So we chose bedding that matched the walls....a nautical theme. The other night I was working on Ben's letters that are hung above his crib. I had already painted them...just waiting for them to dry. Sarah came out in the garage very disappointed. She said, "Mom, I wish Ben's name was longer so I could have painted some of his name." I couldn't help but laugh. So her job was to glue the wooden pieces on each letter--a lighthouse, an anchor, and the wheel (not too sure what it is really called in boating language!!). She was so excited to help me! Dad is still working on refinishing the dresser which he had as a kid. I think it is all sanded and waiting on the varnish. Who knows when he will have time to finish it. Ben turns 6 months on the 17th so we are in no rush, right? :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Amy, I had no idea how talented all of you are!! I looove the nursery! Great decorating!! And I love the picture of Ben! He is so adorable and most definitely has that LaRavia smile!!